Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Olay Age Defying Eye Gel


Olay Age Defying Eye Gel



This is the first exclusive eye cream/ gel that I have bought for my eyes. After becoming more aware of my skin and the need to care for it more I bought this with the hopes of fighting early ageing around the eye area. I don’t know about you, but for me one of the most noticeable signs of aging comes from the condition of the skin around one’s eyes. another reason that had me interested in eye creams is the fact that the older women in my family tend to age really quickly, they maybe 30 but will easily look older than that. Although this may sound hypocritical and illogical I don’t believe that a person can fight off their natural state given to them by their genes but I do still hope that my efforts will make a difference in the future. now back to the review, before I picked this up I had been thinking that I need to get an eye cream but had forgotten about the idea time and time again, so I ended up picking this up in a very hectic manner, without really comparing to others or contemplating what I wanted; but the one thing that did make this eye gel stand out from the rest was the fact that it was a GEL. My skin can at times be really fussy so I did not want to get a thick cream that would irritate my skin. I have since emptied out the tiny jar, which did last a relatively long time.

Description (From the Olay Website)


Cooling gel revitalizes and moisturizes to minimize appearance of signs of aging around the eyes.
  •  Fragrance-Free
  • Color-Free
  • Pro-Vitamin B5
  • Witch Hazel
  • Cucumber Extract

My thoughts


First let me introduce my eyes’ needs:
  • I do not have super dry skin under my eyes but I do feel the need for moisture under my eyes from time to time.
  •  I do have very thin, small, barely, noticeable wrinkle lines under my eyes.
  •  I also have just slight darkening under my eyes.
  • And lastly a concern that a few have is milia under my eyes, now they are not very noticeable or a lot but they are most definitely there.  



Now that you have a better idea of my skin under eyes let me tell you how it performed. I used this product day and night, mostly because I do not have another eye cream. I would put the gel under my eye, around my eye and also on my eyelids. I would always use a generous amount. I do not know if it maybe because I have not tries many eye creams before or what but I really did like this. I loved the cooling/calming feeling that it left, it is as if it were quenching my under eye skin’s thirst even though it did not feel thirsty to begin with.  I think people that are seeking a moisturizing eye cream would really love, if dryness under their eyes is their major problem. However for those with more mature skin or that have other specific problems that they wold like to combat I cannot say I would recommend this.

Like I stated earlier I have completed the entire jar and honestly I did not see a noticeable difference.  I did not feel that the skin under my eyes lightened up, or that the lines reduced, or my milia went away. I thought by the time I finished the jar I would see a difference but I did not.

I would recommend this to those that do not have any major problems or just want some moisture but would tell those looking for this to get rid of dark eye bags, wrinkles, or millia to stay away and look for another one.

Another thing that I would like to reduce points for this product would be that fact that it is such a small jar for almost $20 dollars here in Canada. I got the SkinFood Salmon Brightening eye cream for around the same price but for twice the amount and with better results (I will be doing a review on this soon).

Comparison of the sizes of the two

Summery


Cooling / refreshing, Non-irritating, moisturizing.
Does nothing for wrinkles, dark under eyes, or milia.
Does not deliver on the “age defying” name.
$18 for 15 ml in Canada

Quality: 3.5/5 because it gives a nice refereshing feelin but does not do much of anything else

Value: 2.5/5 because you get very little lot for the price.

Repurchase? Maybe, but not anytime soon.

If you have tried this product or would like to try it leave a comment below and we'll chat out our thoughts on skin care that no one in our daily lives cares to listen to. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment